ragged men in ragged clothes
Vincent. Very touching song. Go hear it. Reflects the way many of my compatriots feel these few months. And consequently also reflects the way I've been thinking the past few weeks. And leading to the constant feeling of being pushed away from everything that I care about. Sob.
On a cheery note, I would like to point out the fact that Chinese New Year has happened to be quite profitable for me. yes. Lotsa angpows and the innards. But I did make a particular observation. There are people that still give 2 buck angpows. I mean, how penny-pinching is that? I know, I know. The angpows are more accurately a gesture of wishing good luck and good fortune, and the amount is but a token sum. But 2 measly bucks? Man, I'd rather not give an angpow like that, which would lead to what the Chinese call losing face. Yeah. Lost of honour. And stuff. How embarassing to be caught giving two buck angpows. If you ask me, the legal minimum should be set at a more respectable 5. Meh.
But still, the haul has been good this year. A lot more compared to last year. But still nothing compared to the thousands and thousands some people I know collect. But, we can't all be the same. Better to die in good, poor company, then rich company that will then plunder your grave for treasures. Meh.
For lack of better things to do, I think I might go make some tea later tonight. Of perhaps go to Giant and grab some cans of green tea for tomorrow. Meanwhile, there's a mahjong game going on downstairs that I should really be playing but I think I have had my fill of mahjong this year. The money from the game hasn't been that good. I need to find a new game. Or jump off a cliff. Or swear to celibacy. Or something. Meh.
The Celibate Lover
The strumming of his guitar
Says all that his heart does
And she hears him through the night
As she gazes wistfully out the window
At his sunkissed brows
The smiles from her lips
Tells all that her heart does
And he sees her through the dawn
As he looks up to the window
At her starcrossed eyes
But he knows he cannot have her
He made a sanctified vow
And he knows that they play a fools errand
He can't have her then, tomorrow nor now
She knows that the love is true
Though she has her choice of suitors
She turns them all down
But gives them all to her celibate lover

No comments:
Post a Comment