cultural shock
Tonight I did what was probably one of the most unrefined things I've ever done in my life: I took a fish out of the security of the water and shoved it right into the poisonous bile of truth. That is to say, I took Reuben C out of his secure little ignorance of the new world, and revealed to him the drastically different and disturbing transformations that have occured to his friends.
Poor guy. The whole night we were talking about stuff that we would never have standing in the corridoors of Seafield. Anyone thought Veevs would be talking about jockstraps at random? Or Zhao discussing male genital length? Or, God forbid, me actually talking about relationships? The look of bewilderment and shock spoke spools about his fish-out-of-waterness. The guy has been out of touch for the past month or so, the most critical month when most of the stuff have surfaced into the open. The month when so many of us decided to shed our pupal skins and emerge butterflies. The month when we began to be so brutally honest about each other. The whole idea shocked me. It was no wonder the poor guy was traumatised.
Reubs, sorry is this was too soon or too much. But that was the only way I could think of at least keeping you in touch with your friends, if you still regard us as such after this new revelation, lolz. But it did not literally happen overnight, although it rather did for me. Go for her, don't wait too long. Carpe diem and stuff. Nil desperandum. Do some other stuff in Latin that your dad would be able to tell you. And go out more often if you can. Don't have to spend money, just try to stay in touch. The one most valuable thing at this point in our lives are the friends we have made in our earlier years, because in a short short while, all other people we meet onwards are going to be acquaintances, not friends. The treasure so easily available to us shall be barred, and we only carry what we already have.
On an absolutely irrelevant topic, I think I have to start to really look at a particular thing that I have been developing lately: Tourette's. The syndrom when you can't help but punctuate each conversation you make liberally with profanities. It's getting a bit bad, and I better stop it before it gets rooted. Then I'll be really fucked. Oops.
Another thing, I think I need to find someone to take in as an absolute confidante. Someone I can really tell everything. This is just so I can stop spilling my life-blood to every person I talk to, it's getting me worried that I may unconciously be attention seeking. Any applicants for the post? A few criteria is that the person must be:
~living close to me physically, so I can talk in person.
~female, preferably, cuz most guys don't like to talk soulful stuff, and that I find girls so cute.
~have lots of time to give up at random, because I need to talk at random times.
~be very open to any and all topics of discussion, because I tend to be very frank.
~willing to spill their stuff to me too, because I like to return what is given.
~perfectly fine with the occasional alcohol, swearing but does not smoke.
I know, very high requirements, but that is what I require, no less, because you might break down permanently if otherwise. And also, if you weren't, then you wouldn't be very useful. And if that was the case then I wouldn't need you. Anyone interested? One thing, if you're a guy, you gotta be in a stable relationship at the time of application and relatively good looking so you won't spend all your time whining about how you're not handsome enough for your girl; that's my job, lolz.
If I have been acting strangely to you for any reason, I ask for forgiveness if i freaked you out, and if I have not, then a big MEH to you. Face it honey, your boy ain't what he used to be. Live with change, make it work for you, but don't worry if he be hurt or killed or nothin'. Cuz if he is, it's gonna be by his own hands, that it be. Suffering a culture shock yet?
Tonight, or rather this morning, it will be a short song that you sing over and over until you go hoarse, puke, or keel over and die. Or get bored of singing. Meh.
Whatever
This life is really just so
whatever
Cuz no matter what we do
whatever
And though we change
whatever
There's no telling if there's a range
whatever
(chorus)
Whatever we choose or get in live
Whatever we do we live and die
Whatever it takes know you and I
Whatever happens, we can always fly
I know you like her much
whatever
I know your secret crush
whatever
I'll help you find the way
whatever
To get her to always stay
whatever
(chorus)
One day when we see
whatever
We wonder what we will be
whatever
Happy or sad don't know
whatever
But one thing that'll go
whatever
(chorus)
We work and work all day
whatever
Our lives were meant to stay
whatever
When nothing looks that good
whatever
When nothing's like it should
whatever
(chorus, repeat from beginning)
ps: man that was the lamest thing I wrote ever. Whatever.

1 comment:
Jeez, I thought that position was temporarily filled by me? No? Lol!
Post a Comment