a tribute to some people
For once, I must say I have something not depressing to write about. And I suppose I really should have done this a long time ago. And the perfect oppurtunity too. I'm not supposed to use the computer on Sundays.
I really wanna say how grateful I am to have friends who are concerned about me. I know I have mentioned it fleetingly on various other posts (I think), but I feel the need to dedicate a whole post (wow, such generosity) to them. I don't normally name people online, but I think these people deserve the recognition for what they have done for me:
~Ratna - Girl, you are just plain cheerful and that helps a tremendous lot. A lot. Take care at that concentration camp, yah?
~Kavs - I have known you like very very long, and you have actually helped me see that no matter how frantically people work and fry their brains out, they actually can have a life. Thanks a bunch.
~Veevs - I knew you briefly at Miss Teng's place, and your bro, but it's in these past few days that I really came to know you alot better. Thanks for listening to my pointless ramble and thanks for sharing some of your own.
~Wei Chiet - Man oh man, known you like almost forever and man you have the most amazing stretchability I have ever seen, both physically and through your workload. Thanks for taking time off your busy schedule to spend what little time you can with me. Really appreciate it.
~Kelvin Yap - Haven't known you long, but it's amazing what you can do in such a short time. Thanks for botting and stuff, and going out and yum char and what not and also putting up with my old annoying self. You might need to put up with my NEW annoying self next year. Enjoy your summer, lolz.
~Kelvin Goh - Knew you from Kim's farewell, but even if I don't know you that well, you taught me a few things in patience and humility, plus the fact that I can still corrupt people still (muahahahaha). Thanks a bunch.
~Alyna - Walao, know you from Standard Two, always arguing in Auntie's van. Some reason became good friends as the years passed. Thanks for being ready to be the only girl in our all guys midnight yum char, thanks for being ready to talk stupid cock and thanks for not annoying me so much anymore. I still think you're crazy by the way.
~Hunter - You know who you are, choir buddy. Dubia dubia and all that. You gotta be the most see man guy I know that is not obviously gay. Plus you are so damned patient and take everything so well it damn scares me. Thanks for all the help and free time you've given me.
~Bernard - Haha, had all my boring tuition classes with you, stole more than a few answers, and talked more crap with you than anyone else. Thanks man, for all the wierd and stupid stuffs and crap and whatnot. Doing anything for Valentine's? Lolz.
~Jon Looi - What happen, mon? Why never reply message wan? Whatever it is, just wanna record my gratitude for your willingness to join my ever random 'study groups' and the Chee Chiong Kai trips and the concerts. Y'know, the amount of time and the frequency of our trips make us look like one gay couple, lolz. Just kidding. Someone give me this guy's contact.
~Jon Au - I have known you like, very long. Sorry I had to block your MSN, but sometimes you ask too many random questions. Anyways, thanks for the mental stimulus that you have provided over the years, the ability to connect with my less than normal mental capacities and stuffs. Thanks for your artistic contribution in my books (you know of what I speak), and also the openness with which you share your problems.
~Victor - Yeah I know I scared you quite a bit today. Sorry about that. Thanks for putting up with that and my corrupting your mind in Form 2 and also for just talking with me when I was bored and accomodating my random visits in Form 3. See you tomorrow.
~Ryan - Yeah, yeah. You don't have to talk much anywhere, but when you do, it's fun to hear. You have been a source of quiet inspiration for me, that is inspire me to shut up once in a while. You have given perspective in more than one way. You should also know I find you wise and mature beyond your years. Thanks for everything.
~Zhao - Remember when we used to play Magic in primary school? Those were good days. I know we drifted a bit in later years, but we still keep in touch often. Thanks for being a friend, thanks for being there, and thanks for willing to listen to me pointlessly ramble like I do with everyone else. But no thanks for growing taller than me.
~Evans - Known you for a very short while, learned much from you in that time. Thanks for chauffering us around so willingly, and very well taken and given humour. Hope to learn more from you.
~Reuben - Yeah, yeah. Must say something about you. Thanks for reminding me that God has a purpose for everyone of us, even the most bull headed ones like you. Just kidding. You have always put up with me, albeit very wierdly. Thanks for that, and much more.
~Li - History is vague before Form 3, but damnit we did some pretty silly things in that year. And thanks so much for putting up with me recently and listening to some of my problems. Expecially the ones I told you recently. You havne't told anyone have you?
~Kim - Of all the people I know, I think you must be one of the most special. Few, if any, understand me (or at least try to understand, lolz) as well as you do. You have patiently and diligently put up with my randomness, watched plays with me (you were the first person I ever went on a date with, in case you're wondering), yum char breakfasts (need a few more), helped me with multiple problems and still am. I don't know how you can put up with me and so many other people. But you should know you are a source of encouragement and inspiration beyond my explanation. I started this blog partly in inspiration of you putting out your thoughts to the public. It takes alot of guts (or thick skin) to do that. I salute you for it. Especially one as emotionally fragile as you. Thanks for everything you have done, and still are.
Wow. Long list, but I'm not done. But I'm sure if I continue, no one would come back to read this blog anyways and that would be sad. So to cap off, a short poem in tribute to the above, and other unmentioned people that have contributed so greatly to me. You know who you are.
For a Friend
I know what troubles
That you may one day face
But let me tell you
That everything has a place
I know life looks bleak
That everyone turns away
Or the thing you hold dearest
Doesn’t come this way
I’ll stay here always ready
If you need a helping hand
I’ll be your companion
Just like you have been my friend

No comments:
Post a Comment