Monday, January 24, 2005

if i die tomorrow (or next year)...

This heat is taking it's toll on me, I'll say goodbye, if not I won't be fine anymore...

This weather is killer. I mean really. It could kill stuff. If it hasn't already, that is. Thank God I have natural built insulation from the elements. Like, if I were totally naked, I'd still have three layers on. Really.

I read this book called the Bible Code, and the sequal, Bible Code 2. The books are basiaclly about this Jewish mathematician called Eli something discovering a code in the Old Testament books, occuring frequently in the first five books, the foundation of the Jewish reference materials, the Torah. Basically, the code is a computer program, that is desgned to discover hidden words by a letter skipping system. The book is written by one Michael Drosnin, some aethist reporter from New York.

Basically, the code discovered predicts all the major historical events and anything of particular importance to human existence on this planet. The predictions in the code were so accurate, and chillingly so, that they predicted the exact hour of the Gulf War, the action that started it, and was discovered a whole two weeks before the war actually started. The book goes on to highlight the many other predictions that were absolutely and precisely accurate, like Bill Clinton's reelection, the Lewinsky scandal, the Rabin assassination and a whole bunch more.

Sir Isaac Newton was probably the first modern person to start search for a hidden code in the Bible. This famous scientist actually spent more of his life on this search than the physics that made his now rotting corpse so famous. However, clues to the existence of this code exist in plain text in the Bible, in the last book of the New Testament, Revelations. Now, I haven't been to church for over a year (shocking, isn't it), so my memory on the precise verse is vague, but it goes along the lines of, "and seal this book of secrets, until the key has been given that blah blah blah...". For many years after Newton, a multitude of mathematicians and lunatics and heretics and what-have-you have been trying to decipher this code, but all have failed. Then came along this Eli guy, with what appears to be the key mentioned in Revelations: the computer.

I could go on and on and on on what the book says, but I won't. If you want to know more, go buy the damned book. My point is, that many things have been fortold in the code, even in many independant and private studies. Among the things that have been predicted was the 9.0 earthquake that caused a huge wave (yeah, the one that killed lotsa people), Iraqi invasion and stuffs. Those are the things that have come true. The ones that haven't state that there is a strong possiblity of World War 3 starting in the year 2006, starting in the Middle East (why is it always about them?). This will flare from Jerusalem and eventually engulf the whole world. It will be a war like no other, because of a new weapon unavailable until now: nukes.

So that got me thinking, if this war is unavoidable, and we will be engulfed in it, it means we have only one year left in which to achive our goals in life. What are you going to do, where are you going to go, how are you going to make a differece and ultimately my own biggest question, who I am going to achieve all that with? Even if this prediction is inaccurate, or that it can be avoided through human intervention, as it has been offered as an option in the prediction, my final question still remains: If you knew the world was going to end in a year, who would you spend it with? It isn't really the things that you accomplish: money fades, fame fades, fortune fades. It is the people you touch: family, friends. These are the things that really count.

I am a Christian (yalar, cutting church alot lar) and I believe utmost firmly that it is the lives that we make a positive change in that really count. Jesus said, "if you help a single one of those who were poor, hungry, sick, naked poor (or something along that lines, I'm truly a bad testimony), likewise have you done unto me." The idea is, that even if we all enter heaven through our merits (which I believe we don't), how are we to be judged? Will it be by how much money we have collected for the church? How many churches we have built? I don't think so. It is how many people you have touched personally. No, I don't think it counts if we're really rich and then set up a huge charity of sorts, but never actually go out and personally make that connection.

I believe that what makes life living is the people around you. And being a very lonely single person right now (sob), I also believe that a soulmate who understands and touches you, and you that person, that is one of the few things in life that matter. And the family you know, as well as the friends. Because honestly, when you're dying you're not really going to care about the other people that are not of this group. So, how would you answer those questions?

And yes, the customary and absolutely unrelated poem of the day:

Peace

Peace
Silence of the dark
With nothing stirring black
Silk smooth as thick as night

Tranquility
Stillness of stone
Lying without motion
Betraying no life

Deepness
Fathomless pools
Unending depths of glass
Held in eternal cold

Peace
Silence of the dark
With nothing stirring black
Silk smooth as thick as night

Calm
Unshaking solitude
Gentle breeze of quiet
Unwinding mosaic piece

Agelessness
Everlasting presence
Always beholding
Timeless passage

Peace
Silence of the dark
With nothing stirring black
Silk smooth as thick as night

ps: I do seem to be lovesick alot these days don't I?

No comments: