Wednesday, January 26, 2005

muffins and kittens

High time I stop doing senseless posts that no one replies to or comments about. It's better to put random ones that speak on random topics. So I asked for one. And I got muffins and kittens. So here's my opinion on them both.

Muffins are like cupcakes. Actually, they are cupcakes. So what decides if they are to be called cupcakes or rather muffins? Well, a muffin is a cupcake that is large and does not fit in the paper cup-thingies. On most occasions, the muffins are filled with some sort of creamy or gelatine-based filling that sweet or delectable. Muffins are also very fattening in that respect. Oversized, and over calorised. That is what a muffin is.

Another thing we use the word 'muffin' for is as an affectionate term for a familiar person. Like:"Where's my muffin going today?" and the like. This use of the word may have emerged as a metaphorical description of a person's sweet character. Unsurprisingly, this use of the word is centralised around the Northern Americas and the Isles of Britain.

Personally, I do not like either the actual muffin, nor the cute and affectionate use of the word. Too overtly sweet. And sticky. And pure silliness. There's a shop called Tiffin Muffins in Parade. Or used to be. How daft. It shoulda been called Tiffin Miffin. Makes so much more sense.

Now about kittens. Personally, I'm a dog person. That means I bitch alot. Especially about kittens. I hate kittens. They make lotsa noise, are adorable only in the time span when they do not start to poop all over the place, and they eventually go on to make kittens of their own. Kinda crappy existence ain't it? Well, at least I'm not bitching about my own. Existence, that is. I couldn't possibly make a kitten even if I tried. At least, not that I know I can. Hmm.

Anyways, my good friend Kim is going back to the upside-down potato-shaped continent in about 2 days. Gonna miss her. Already am. Lolz. Plus, I'm out of poetry, and also out of inspiration. Crap. Maybe I should stop posting during college hours. Seems to have some detrimental effect on my ability to wax lyrical prose on oblivious nothingness.

Wait here, I'll go dig up a poem...

A Grimace

I see it come
and I make a face
disgustedly I walk up to it
and lift the pathetic
and let out a sigh
dejected with facing
a depressing thing
that is
work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!! You don't like muffins?!! NOT even BLUEBERRY Muffins?!! OMG... no wonder you're soo depressed!!

-justanotherdude