maturity...
So I was on the train home, when this group of very LOUD Year 12s (judging from their lack of social decorum and colour coordination), walked in. My first thought was, "oh my, how unrefined." My second thought went more along the lines of, "God, I'm getting fucking old!" Or am now less stupid. But let's stick with old.
The colourblind kids were going on and on about how no sign says they can't screech like nails on a chalkboard or how they couldn't be jumping around like headless chickens. And I was thinking, if I had the level of intelligence of a rock, and a stupid one at that, given my current social views, I'd be saying and doing the exact same thing. And then I noticed that I'd done the exact same thing a year or two back. Gasp! I'm old!
Another sign of aged-ness is how I'm actually able to give out sound and socially acceptable relationship advice both to straight and gay people. Previously, all my opinions were based entirely on logical deductions of the situation and rarely on any sort of prior experience. Let it be said now, though, that any sort of experience I've had is still pretty limited, although from that pool, a whole mine full of random crap has allowed me to give people life-changing opinions and stuff.
I suppose the ultimate sign of old age is when you actually start scrimping like you're ona fixed income. Like, I ACTUALLY stop and look at prices these days. And caloric content and ingredients and stuff. And fabric types and washing instructions. And, God forbid, expected product lifespans.
Sigh. This clinches it. I'm old. And I haven't even done much. Like, none of that fantastic binge boozing I've heard so much about, or all that head banging at those pointlessly loud and noisy clubs, or random sex with random people (or any sex for that matter), or much in the way of normal two-person relationships. Sigh. Old old old old old.
Coupled with my worsening attention span and memory, this only leads to further proofs. And I actually enjoy furniture shopping and arranging, recipe books, and colour coordinated outfits. Old, or maybe just gay. Hmm.

9 comments:
Old? And you're not even rewearing diapers yet.
too old. and too young. sigh.
looking at prices doesn't make one old!!! It makes us urrrm......economically aware (yeah, that's it!)
Times 3 wor....
You're not gay because if you are, that makes every decent guy gay and every sensible girl destined to be an old maid. I agree though, we are getting old.
Hey! why the oh-woe-is-me-i'm-old tone!!You're discriminating against oldies!! There's nothing wrong bout being old!! in fact i rather like being old... U're offending me!grrr
I wonder if this post should be taken seriously... =X
okay, fine, pokx. looking at prices doesn't make you old. but CARING about prices does! argh.
does it matter, veevs? lolz.
of course woe-is-me! who wants to be old except for already too-old-to-care old fuds? not everyone has had such an illustrious life, ms leow.
lolz. seriously as you like, lou.
I know these things are usually just relative, but how a teenager can think he's old is really beyond me.
well, i've never been a regular kid, and let's just face it jay, i'm extremely absurd. lolz.
Post a Comment