Sunday, July 17, 2005

farewell, my love...

Seeing my darling off, it isn't an easy thing to do. For some reason, couldn't cry. Not that it would have been appropriate if I did. I don't know. Let's start from the beginning of yesterday, yes?

As you well know, Evon's going to Perlis. At writing time, she's probably just past Ipoh right now. Anyways, I went to Subang Parade at around 12 yesterday. She was supposed to go there to buy shoes, another pair like she did the last time, lolz. But, due to packing, she didn't leave the house till around 3, in another direction, namely 1U. No matter, I didn't know that. Went around, got her farewell gifts, thinking she would show up, so I could give them to her then and there. Assuming that it was going to be the only time I'll be seeing her in a long while, did some impulsive shopping. Very heavy hearted, but quite excited to see her face.

Anyways, although I shouldn't really talk about what I gave her, personally I think these are really cute:
I got her the pink one!
Got her one of these, since the last trip we had together, she mentioned how cute those things were. Yeah, was actually planning on saving it for her birthday, but she kinda has more reason to get it now. More use. And got her a doggy plush too. She wanted a bear, but ever since that day at PAWS, I kinda like dogs better. Hehe.

Anyways, when I found out the misdirection of her trip, I finished off the novel I was sneak-reading in MPH, then went out to catch a bus. As Divine Providence would have it, the right bus pulled in just as I walked up to the bus stop. The ride was quick and painless, and way cheaper than a taxi. Got back, cleaned the house up, explained the unique circumstances of my situation, and got the car for the night.

Her good friends for CHS arranged for a small gathering as sort of a farewell yum char. So at around 10.30, we met at Kannan mamak, just outside Xavier hall, also just outside CHS, and also right next to that famous Ipoh Chicken Rice shop on Jalan Gasing. Wow, seeing people oft mentioned. And also one familiar feller lar, like someone I see almost everyday. Mr Leow, Mr Leow. Good thing you were the second one to arrive, if not quite the weird lor. Especially if the rest came, didn't recognize me, sit different table. Very sesated.

Anyways, the mamaks shooed us away at around 11. Apalah, budak ni. Erm sek zhou sang yi. Malasnya. So we went to the SS2 Coffee Bean. Had a good chat. Discovered a lot of things about CHSers. Real insane bunch, not that I'm at any liberty to judge, lolz.

Sending her home was very strange for me that night. Usually, there's a warm glow in my belly, and this soft gladness that we can soon meet again, though soon is extremely variable, in our case. Anyways, I had this extreme emptiness in me. I wouldn't say it was sad, because I was happy that she's progressing through life. I guess it's the fact that I know I'll miss her greatly.

While we were sitting there in the silent car, chatting softly about inconsequential things like what to name the doggy, and what she would pack, my throat became very dry. The void was starting to squeeze out my concious thoughts, and it persisted till this morning.

Oh, another interesting thing I discovered last night: I can fit into M sized pants. Lolz.

God guide you, my love.

Jin out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww~ that's a real sweet yet sad post..all the best to the both of you..and i shall pray for the best for you guys =)
btw, i linked u..c ya

e2wen~* said...

M size? *glare*