Saturday, March 18, 2006

it doesn't rain...

When I said I wanted things to write about, I didn't think it would be so costly an affair. So costly that I have to reduce a photoblog into a long worded one.

Immediately after class yesterday, I rushed back, threw my things on the floor, and sped down to Clayton station on my bike. So I got on the train, met Kim at Flinder's. We went to this huge park near a graveyard to toss the disc.

Met Michelle there, and we flung the platter around. I was inordinately hyperactive, so actually managed to surpass my usual physical limit, what with all the catching and gaya moves. Kim got a blister from cleverly wearing canvas shoes while running around (not helped by my absolute lack of aim). We quit after awhile, and headed to Little Bourke for something Chinese.

Went to this dumpling place in what is quite reminescent of one of those back alleys of any damn Chinatown. Dumplings were oil-saturatingly good, and the beef noodles were about one of the best I've had in awhile (Seremban noodles still the best). This Anglo lady and her son shared our table for the simple reason being that the place was crowded, and to say the least, their choice of orders were quite interesting. Equally as fascinating was that while our waitress was quite hot, something about her just about fucking screamed ah kua. I think it was the makeup. Or the deep set eyes.

Back to Kim's place with 8 Smirnoff's and something else orange. Had a random chat, were apparently the sugar in the very thin Smirnoff's was getting to me. Seems that I let spill certain things I wouldn't normally in a level condition. Interestingly, I wasn't drunk, hence the ability to give what can be best stated as 'useful' advice, much like the ones I typically give but never follow.

At about 2-ish, I suspect, one of Kim's roomie's knocked on the door, and very nicely, but quite forwardly put that we were making a hell of a racket. Since I had most obviously missed the last train back, I bunked over at Michelle's aparment, since St. Mary's was most definitely Catholic, and let's just say that friends have almost been expelled over the sharing of rooms of two members of the opposite sex.

Was supposed to help Mich with her Psychology paper, but I wasn't much use. Her roomie wasn't in, so I slept on the couch. I vaguely recalled getting up in the middle of the morning, or rather, sitting up, mumbling something, then going back to sleep.

Took leave of Mich the next morning (thanks, Mich), having had an appointment with Kelvin and Kim to do some quasi-gay stuff; clothes shopping. Kelvin conveniently couldn't come for reasons that kinda still elude me (what the hell do you mean house shopping?), so we called Kian out. Met at this Pancake Parlour, where they have beautfiful pancakes, good bacon and eggs that Kim wouldn't eat. That muchly covered lunch, especially with the pricetag.

Random walking, bought a black hoodie and a laundry basket. Mostly more pointless walking, going back to Kim's place to style Kian's hair because he didn't make an appointment with the stylists, and me and him leaving Kim's place to Melbourne Central. I endured a long and mostly half concious trip back with a funny feeling I would meet a situation that was potentially blog worthy but not something particularly pleasant.

My bike was stolen.

8 comments:

ksuan said...

Hey, at least you can't say you didn't have an interesting time, right? =P

And besides, you love us and you know it deep down inside, so meh.

On a final note, curse the feller who stole your bike, and may he suffer the same fate as the paper-boy in Desperate Housewives Season 2 - the one Susan threw the newspaper at.

evathong said...

how i envy..
i love staying over at ppl's and ppl staying over at mine..but sighh..doesn't happen that often..
perhaps i'm emo-ing coz i'm missing the nite where Wen stayed over..
anyhow,
sad 2 hear that ur bike was stolen =(
take care

executorlouis said...

Oh crap. I am really sorry to hear about your bike...

Anonymous said...

u still have to cook for me!!! n i dun care if this is relevant or not hehe

:-: pri :-: said...

i was wondering abt yr bike.
oh well.
hope those thieves fall into a ditch and die and horrible painful death.
mwaha.

demmik..sounds bloody fun..
(not the bike thing.)

quicksilverlining said...

yeah. quite the teruk. but i wasn't totally unexpectant of it. i sorta almost counted on it to happen, especially from what i heard, and the fact that i'd left it for more than 24 hours. still, better than cycling uphill at 3 in the morning and being stabbed, no?

e2wen~* said...

I guess it's already a blessing that you're fine and well despite having a stolen bicycle. Take good care of yourself k? Missing you loads.

Jay said...

Aww damn! Hope it wasn't an expensive bike! Bike theft is a big ol' problem here in London; that's why you see lots of people walking around carrying bicycle seats!

BTW I thiiiiink I might have eaten at that same dumpling place before.