Tuesday, March 29, 2005

tremor what?

Apparently, there were tremors last night at around 1. According to reports, they came from the Sumatra side, traveled across the Straights, wound up in Penang and Selangor. It hit a few areas around here like Bangsar, some parts of KL, and also, strangely, Subang. I was up, chatting with two people, when it hit. Supposedly. I felt nothing. At all. Zilch, nada, nyet. Apparently, some of my friends were thrown out of bed, those that were staying in apartments. And I knew nothing, until the next morning. Very confused, even at that.

It get's one wondering. Imagine, how many tremors there are in our lives, and how imperceptive we are off them. I would probably not have noticed if my house crashed down around me, as long as the computer remained on and fucntioning. Meh. Do we even know about the tremors after the fact? The thing about our own tremors and the real life equilavents is that very few people are interested in informing you of your own, while there are hundreds of news agencies reporting earthquakes. Sadly, both are potentially devastating. Think about it.

Today's a crap day. Like I predicted, my serotonin overdrive yesterday left my brain with a depleted supply, and I was feeling all depressed. And to top it up, I had this mildish fever the whole day. Vague enough not to stop me from going to college, bad enough to destroy my day. Meh. Ever had one of those not-so-good days after a perfect day? One's sitting right on my face.

I have no more inspiration. But I was thinking, how powerful an effect my writing has on some people. Then again, it could be that they were just faking it, to boost my shitted self esteem. Really nice, people, but I don't need all that. Fakeness might fuel for awhile, but it's worth nothing because it don't keep the engine running. Worst of all, it clogs up the transmission and screws the combustion chambers. So people, if you really mean it, take the effort to tell me properly. Then I know you're for real. Otherwise, it's all talk and no do.

Sigh, I think I offend too many people. Seriously, the only people not offended by me are the people who understand me so thoroughly that it's painful. My parents are always offended by me, and no surprise. Some of my closer friends are offended by me, all the time, altough they don't show it. Chances are, you'll probably be offended by this, too. And it's sad really. I know what's up, but I can't do anything much about it. Why am I saying all this? Because, I don't expect any single one of you to change at all. Not a bit. At least, I don't expect you to force yourselves to change. Know this, that I know my defects, I know painfully enough. I know how painful your might be to you. I don't expect you to change, I'll happily accept you as much as I can, annoyed though you might make me. Like a saying I'm about to make up: if you're gonna buy a fruitcake, don't go picking out all the raisins.

Lost in Translation

I told you
There never was a reason
To worry
About my current desperation
But somehow
The message never got through
Or was it
Just lost in translation

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed up past 1a.m. that night as well and I didn't feel a thing either! o.O So I was really surprised when my dad told me about it the next morning... and he said he actually felt the tremors!

Geez... I'm a total blur-case...

Anonymous said...

while talking to you the other night, i felt my table shaking and my computer moving. But then again, it might just been me staring at the computer for too long.

Anonymous said...

thats me by the way. yorshee

e2wen~* said...

decoding

i broke them up
i tossed them all around
i put them back together
i thought i saw a new meaning

i jumble them up again
i shuffle them like cards
this reminds me of a puzzle
i never got to solve

i tried reading between the lines
i tried reading them backwards
i thought i understood
but in the end
i realised there's still a gap
with an unfinished bridge
danggling on my side
trying to reach out
are you willing to help finish it?

quicksilverlining said...

Broken Pieces

You see the shards
Left behind
Torn apart
In this cruel frame of mind

You notice pain
You realised sorrow
Sometimes I wonder
If there is a tomorrow

You started building
Half the bridge
Is it now my turn
To make both ends reach?

e2wen~* said...

picking up the pieces

i see what's coming
if i lay my hands on them
wounded hands and blood shedding
which i don't give a damn

i started this task
based on my own will
but what we're discussing
are you, yourself,
thee and thy
so may YOUR will be done
instead of mine