appreciate what you have
I don't think I appreciate these people well enough as they deserve. I know I know, this is personal, and it's not as if I haven't done this before, but it's more a continuation of my thoughts, and I thought it would be entertaining to write about people I appreciate rather than people I strongly dislike. Okay, here goes.
Paul Leow Pok Xian is a person I must say I do respect, and I do not use that word freely. It takes a whole lot to gain my respect, and many who think they deserve my respect do not have it. Pok does. If you notice, my blog has generous sprinkling of mentions of his name, and references to him. This is due, in great part, to the fact that I spend a lot of time either in his presence or with him, as there is really no one else with as many of the same classes as I do. Herein lies one of the reasons I salute him so. Few people are willing to spend so much time near me, even people I call friends whom I have known for a long time, and he puts up with a lot from me. Hell, even I would give up on me. He on the other hand, endures many hours of rambling, random bossy-ness, and stupid random topics like masturbation and conspiracy theories. He also is willing to eat lunch with me, even when he has better and closer friends to do that with now. My thanks and hats off to you, Pok. It's amazing, because no matter how he does for his subjects, he trudges along with this sort of determination that kinda inspires you. And I suppose that I truly respect his ability to keep himself to himself. He has this skill that I wish I had; not speaking all the fucked up things about your life to other people. Pok, if I were a girl, I'd marry you, lolz. Well, maybe not marry you, but probably fall for you, or give you a smooch or something. But since I'm not, I won't, lolz.
I admire Evans really, he's sorta a really amazing guy. He has this really seriously wierd series of problems, in a way, but they're also not all that wierd. He's from a Chinese school background, so his English is not all that well cut out. Yet, he's honest enough to admit that, and willingly picks up new words from people around him. Yes, even if it would make him look stupid. He will more than willingly pick up friends, were they to ask him nicely for transport, even though I know he's really a bit annoyed, he'll do it regardless. Amazing. And he's no academic, though his maths skills are very good. Still, he keeps at it. He's a persistant guy when it comes to relationships, too. He'll make sacrifices for the girl he wants, however unreasonable it may actually be. He once stayed up the whole night to entertain this girl's friends from across the state, just so she could get some sleep. And he didn't go to bed, but took them instead to basketball so that they would get the most out of their time, and so that she could stay sleeping. And ladies, this guy can bake. Actually, make food, to be more accurate. This guy makes a mean cheesecake.
I'd write more, but I'm tired. So tired that I think I will stop right here and not do the poem. Right here. Meh.

No comments:
Post a Comment