'tis the season...
In the past 15+ years, every Christmas, I'd be most sure of what I wanted for Christmas. Notice, it wasn't the past 18 years, cuz before that, I didn't even understand the concept (this is for you particularly dense people).
The strange this year is that when I was asked what I wanted, I realised, for once, it wasn't a material thing. It isn't a laptop, or a camera accesories, or electronics, or even chocolate cake. Nope, nothing material.
It isn't peace, love, forgiveness, sex. Nothing on a, erm, non-material, plane of existence. Nor do I have someone special to even attempt to extract that particular last one from.
It isn't even something that anyone would likely wish on themselves on such an occasion. Nor is it something that anyone could give me. Or even get it for themselves, though I dare say the option of getting it would be most valuable to EVERYONE. Come to think of it, it isn't even a thing, it's more like a lack of.
Of course, in this case, I shouldn't even bother trying to get it. So let me now focus on what I MIGHT possibly receive this year. If you want to get me something special this year (of course you do), here's a short list of things I will find useful, and most certainly be absolutely happy to receive:
~A laptop. Any Centrino chip 1.6 MHz and above, with a minimum of 512 RAM, and a 64MB dedicated memory graphics processor, built-in Bluetooth and WiFi, with a DVD burner, and minimum of 6 USB ports. Preferably with a 15.1 inch monitor and above. I have a big lap. All other configs are optional.
~A strobe flash. Specifically, a Nikon SB-800. With extra battery pack.
~A new phone. I don't know specifics for this, but anything with market value above 1k is probably right.
I'd add more, like a black CLK and a 7 story mansion, but I'd stick with feasible stuff. And since it's the season of giving, I thought I'd give you a chance to breathe before my next barrage of insane requests.
The likelihood of me receiving any of those are almost nil, and it's probably because of my gender. Ah, damn this excessive packaging. It's proven VERY useful so far, hasn't it (rolling eyes)?
Speaking of eyes, it seems that my eye power has swapped left with right. Damn weird. The new frames I'm getting done kinda make me look like some anime character, at least according to what my dad says. Weirdness.
Ho ho ho.
And no, Pri. These are NOT man-tits.

3 comments:
the batt pack comes with the flash strobe lah :P
does it now. i've seen it come without.
that one is SB600 I think. SB800 comes with diffuser, flash stand, 2 coloured filters and 5th batt pack
Post a Comment