Thursday, December 08, 2005

graduation...

I seriously thought I'd be happier, but I'm not. I'm actually extremely disappointed.

I graduated today. Usually, graduations are supposed to be memorable, and this one is. Except, not in the way I'd choose for it to be. For one, I remember being sorta morose about this one, for all my appearances of having enjoyed it.

For one, I fell short of being top in anything by one or two marks. For the Maths Award, I was short by 0.5. Though, I don't begrudge Thin for the prize. She definitely deserved it given how much effort she put in. I was knocked into third, and at that, unacknowledged, place by the fact that my English marks were so horrendously fucked. Sure, an 88% finishing average is great, given that you were not expecting a 90+ glaze.

Yay, me.

This is so totally the last time I will think I'm good in English. Either that, or the last time I trust my instincts on being better at a language than anything.

Why the hell I was so excited about the yearbook being done is a mystery to me. The crowd was unenthusiastic at best, and what I'd thought would be well deserved thanks, or at least the appearance of the slightest tinge of appreciation came across more as apathetic nonsense. It's extremely frustrating to have put in a fuckload of effort to get this out in time for everyone to peruse it well, and have them, well, not do it.

I am seething under this shell of enthusiasm. It would be quite unbecoming to be angry at anything right now. If anything, I have got solid gloating rights. But it's pointless. Especially when I didn't get the level that I was looking for.

While I'd love to rant about how I'll never be enthusiastic over anything over again, and the million reasons why I would be justified, I won't. Other people, especially Mr Leow, are particularly happy they got green slips, and it's probably more interesting if I be happy for them as well. If I was that is.

At any rate, I have a little something I need to do. I still have one Saturday evening to fix up, and then another invitation to guest star in some Taylor's event to turn down. Then I'll probably contemplate an alone holiday with myself for the next week or so.

Being so angry after such an event isn't a good sign. Then again, neither was the omen of my candle repeatedly going out during the candle lighting ceremony.

Asy, if I seemed drunk, it was because of the red face and the maniacal grin. They were there because of the quite unapparent frustration of it all.

This IS the last time I bother putting so much effort, although nearly none, into anything.

Meh.

14 comments:

SamSam said...

hey..
i appreciate what u did!

quicksilverlining said...

lolz. that's one, at least.

pok xian said...

Hahaha, aiyo we appreciate what you did la, more so for those that read your blog and has seen the very frequent rantings of an very annoyed dude.

I liked that 4++ essay/arcticle actually hahahaha. Thought it was quite amusing for a dude that gets frequent 4++'s write that heh.

Ya la i suppose you deserved your 90+, but the engarish teacher, oh well. And yep, i'm happy that i got those green little pieces of paper.rmlf

quicksilverlining said...

lolz. i dunno what to say about what's-her-name la. bengang betul. should have taken up computers instead. not only can whack kau Nat, can probably take first place oso la. mahai betul...

Ee May said...

Hey..loads of people thought the yearbook was great!

quicksilverlining said...

hehe. not enough. i'm a megalomaniac, in case you're wondering. loads isn't enough. i must have ALL.

Phat Culture said...

I thought the yearbook was great toooooo! :D

It's the bestest best best yearbook EVER in the history of mankind!


(Nevermind the fact that I haven't seen it yet.)

`Blitz~ said...

EuJin as usual mollodramatic ... hehe
The year books good shite man
i liked the part bout ur "hardworking n full of effort team"
Well we did have 2 'wonderful' english teachers as well didn't we in Taylors.

quicksilverlining said...

most definitely spectacular teachers we had, lolz.

`Blitz~ said...

Talkin of 'spectacular English teachers i mispelt melodramatic...lolz

praxster said...

hey d prom was fine laa u...u were amongst d merit students k so dun complain...also eng dun complain!! anyways we do aapreciate d work u did 4 d mag laa...it was damn gd but missing out on some photos of ME!!! peace out -prax-

`Blitz~ said...

the prom Prax ? HUH? ohhh but lots of pics of me in d mag ...hehe

Asyraf Lee said...

It wasn't me who said you were drunk lah, it was Kizzy. Aku angguk je :P

+ : A d a M : + said...

ya man i luved your 4++ essay..i was falling asleep to most of the others.. of which some had totally nothin to do with graduating...giant monsters used by nazis...? uh huh....anyway the 4++ essay is really quite how we feel too..lolz

your constant gloating about how u managed to fill up your autograph pages didnt help our enthusiasm..and yes i do peruse it...after im done with the newspapers and theres nothin else to read while on the toilet bowl...

thx for the yearbook... and the barbecue =D