Sunday, May 14, 2006

almost there...


Quite satisfied with today's progress. Although it WOULD have been better if Bunnings did stock everything like they claimed, which they don't since they didn't have ball bearings, the contraption works. Somewhat. It still can't build up speed because there is a tremendous amount of friction on the axles which is basically fucking up the whole thing.

Now, the question is how to make the other group members who did NOTHING practical at all add some value to this. There's the report, but I can do that myself if I have to. Then, there's the materials which cost about 50 bucks which I can make them pay for. Or there's sexual favours, but they're really not all that nice looking so I'll skip that. Hmm.

4 comments:

wreck of the day said...

nice trolley...or matchbox car...
oh you made it by yourself?
All by yourself?
holy crap.
do you get all the credit?
i hope you do.

Jokken said...

Sure beats mugging, I can tell you. Thanks so much for the banner. Will put it up when i have the time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jin

I would have used balsa wood for the big blocks, (reduces weight) and probably skateboard wheels.. (more rubbery for grip, and they have bearings :) )

If you lighten the load, you can make it go further instead of needing both sets of traps to get it to move.

So then if you make the back upright stick longer, so it trips the front traps when it's exhausted its power, then it's kinda like changing into 2nd gear, and goes another distance.

Also you could use candlewax to reduce the friction on your axle if you can't get skateboard wheels.

Maxi

quicksilverlining said...

hi maxi. thanks, but i think i've gotten it more or less sorted out. i think.