speech patterns...
In an imperfect world, there are always going to be things that annoy beyond all understanding. One of the most insanely frustrating are speech patterns, colloquilisms, and the what-nots.
One particular speech pattern I cannot stand is something I have to put up with everyday. It seems that my sisters really like talking in half sentences. For example: I like... Like what? Sial, bloody annoying. And another one is when they insist on using complete names for games and restaurants. Like, they can't just say that Taipan Klang Bak Kut Teh shop. They must say The Under the Klang Bridge Bak Kut Teh (there's more, but I couldn't be bothered). Yes, it's extremely important to be specific, but what the fuck, there are only so many bak kut tehs in Taipan. And it's always Manhattan Fish Market. They can't stick with the simple Manhattan. So freaking annoying...
Sometimes, my parents' speech patterns also annoy me. Now, for some reason, I can't really put my finger on what it is that's annoying, but then again, it just is. Then again, basically everyone I know is annoyed by something about their parents, even though they don't really know what.
Biologically, people are designed to be irritated by their families once they reach a certain age. Brain chemistry makes everything family members do seem extremely annoying, irrational as it is. A likely hypothesis is that it's so we move out and start our own families, sorta completing the circle. An interesting side effect to note is that even after leaving, we will still feel irritated by our parents (you can usually observe this by seeing your parents' reactions towards your grandparents). If this sounds too ridiculous to be true, just wait until you get married. Mwahahah!
I was just thinking, Kenny Sia's huge coconuts may actually be inguinal hernias.
Like, whatever...

No comments:
Post a Comment