Friday, January 27, 2006

pain...

We just got back from Giant. Anyone who knows my brother knows he's a pretty big talker, especially for a 5 year old kid. Dad went of to the ATM for supplies, and my brother ran off after him. And, as luck would have it, he tripped, scraped some skin off his knees, and began shrieking loud enough to wake the dead. Right now, he's saying he's going to die, he's going to die, he can't move, he can't do his homework, he can't go to school tomorrow.

Incidentally, my sister had similar wounds a few weeks past, if I recall correctly. And because of his rather amusing comments about it being insanely painful and how he'd never go to Giant again, and at that never go shopping again and that somehow it was all his sister's fault, I let out an tickled laugh. At that, my dad said something about me being like that.

As I recall, I am probably the one with the highest tolerances for pain. Take for instance that particularly interesting event that happened at 14. Most of you would probably know about it already, so in summary: apendicitis, 2 weeks ruptured, normally excruciating, felt nothing. Okay, fine. Maybe that doesn't mean I stand pain better, but likely have faulty nervous connections. Doesn't matter.

Of all the interesting ways to be pained, there are two that I'm almost absolutely not likely to experience are childbirth and period cramps. Given my readership demographics, it's better if I just ask this. Is it true that period cramps can hurt like your insides trying to get out?

Sometimes, I'm really grateful that I have an extension rather than a gatehouse.

4 comments:

Phat Culture said...

..... I don't get period cramps at all, serious. :/ That's why I always fail to understand other girls who complain about their cramps every month and take medication, bla bla.

Nor do I get PMS-sy ... I mean, yeah, there are times when I'm in a hopelessly horrible mood, but those are pretty rare. Like once every few months.


MY POINT IS PROVEN. I'm perfect. LOL

quicksilverlining said...

so you mean you'd make the perfect mate? how do you know your equipment is functioning, eh? lolzness.

Asyraf Lee said...

Liz, you are originally a girl right? *hides behind Qsl*

D. said...

There is a myth, girls who don't suffer during their periods would suffer most during childbirth ... the ones that die in childbirth are usually the ones that feel no PMS =) ... I know I know ~ choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy choy !!! ...