Friday, January 06, 2006

incensed...

... is just another fancy word meaning angry. So is enraged. Another more commonplace way of saying it is pissed. And I duly am, for a couple of reasons.

The staff at Malaysian fast food outlets have brought incompetence to a particularly interesting peak. I was in a nearby 24 hour rootbeer bar where I ordered a waffle. It seems that the girl had gotten my order wrong, so I pointed it out. Since she had already punched it in, it seems that it was impossible for her to correct this. Fair enough. So I suggested a solution in which they simply add on to my order, and all would be well. Or another solution, being that they refund the bill, and open a new one, since the error could be easily fixed by a simple addition of a single scoop of ice cream. But apparently, they didn't think they could do that. And strangely, they didn't have a single scoop of ice cream on their menu. Knowing the level of intelligence, or rather the infinitely superior inferiority of their processing faculties, I decided to just let them be. And that is probably one of the most blatant displays of lack of common sense I've seen in a long time. In fact, this newest display of absolute ridiculousness should logically lead to a plateau of the stupidity graph, but then again, knowing them, nothing is too impossible where preposterousness is involved. No wonder they're still working there.

That said, I will now hereby state in print that I am no longer going to take a particular blood relative of mine anywhere anymore, nor waste a single cent on that person if I can possibly help it, at least till reason aboud enough that I should change my sentiment, and her being related is not possibly good enough to warrant my forgiveness. So pestilential is the semblance of that presence that I will utterly refuse to have more to do with that person if I can possibly help it. You may say it's the age, and that I was the same at that same period. So what? I am being how I am now. If you can offer such pardons for such behaviour on account of youth, the same logic applies here. Or is the elder suppose to display such perfection and the younger gets away with every God forsaken thing? If that is so, it's rather too bad for the system. I play by rules I like. If I do not enjoy a game, I do not take part. It's quite simple.

Of course, there usually are happier things to distract from such distracting countenances. The laptop's coming tomorrow. And that alone is reason enough to ignore the overly annoying annoyances that everyday irritants somehow manage to worm under my skin time and time again. To fuck with them I say. Enough with the preciseness of words and more with the precision of sentiment.

Who am I kidding? I'm no wizard with words. And if I'm not among the best, I'd rather be nearer the bottom. If you are not king, then do not be the jester. There is honor among thieves, if someone does not steal it first. If you have to be second best, make sure it is not as a servant of another. If you must serve, make sure it is in a way that your master cannot by himself achieve. To be priceless, you must be irreplacable. You need not be impeccable if no one knows what you do. The lack of knowledge is as powerful as knowledge in itself, granted that the right people know, and do not. Then again, the threat of power in itself is.

Of the few books I have, I presume that the ones I have left are difficult to move. Chemistry is strangely stagnant this year. Perhaps it is due to the low temperatures that reaction rates are so slow. Or perhaps our test subjects are themselves lacking of wit. Pray tell, do I make myself too random?

The final day of Christmas this was, and it went out spectacularly indeed. Have a great year.

Meh.

4 comments:

Asyraf Lee said...

been there so many times already

"encik, saya tak bleh buat ape ape lah"

hampeh -__-"

TheO.C. said...

wahsei..

being angry increases smoothness of wordflow by what, 900%?!

world incompetence + jin = interesting post!

xD

Asyraf Lee said...

so we should make him pissed, even more :P

wreck of the day said...

back again.
well, you used a lot of big words...*tweedle thumbs*
but i agree with you.
they're dumb
and the foood sucks.
i had it recently, my beef patty looks as though its been dead for 3 years.