Wednesday, August 17, 2005

just a little pussy...

Yesterday, my Mom asked me to pick out a kitten from the drain. It looked like a worm. With legs. But much noisier. And since I didn't know how it got there, I put a floor mat into the drain, and waited for it to crawl onto the mat to be safely lifted up. Apparently, you should never, ever, touch a newborn kitten. If the momma cat comes back, she will be killing the baby cuz it smells funny. Like, who wouldn't kill a funny smelling baby, eh?

Smiling kitty. I think.

Anyways, the stupid looking worm-like kitten was mewing away the whole afternoon, thereby making it a hell of a difficult time to concentrate on playing my level 17 wizard trying to save NeverWinter from imminent destruction from some ancient saurian Creator Race. Eventually, everyone got home, and they brought the kitten, which was by now in a bucket, into the house. And it incessantly mewed. Like before.

Hiding kitty. Looks like it anyways.

Anyways, I went to the pet store to try to find out how to feed the stupid looking thing. So the auntie in the pet store, which was most accomodating in speaking in Engrish to me, told me I had to force feed the thing. Gross. I'm not touching something that was picked out of a drain. Anyways, they gave me a straw to try, and I was too polite to decline, especially since I had solicited free advice, without buying anything from them.

It's a boy kitty!

Went back, told my Mom what the pet shop people told me. She made some baby formula then proceded to try to feed the kitty with a syringe. Stupid thing refused to eat. Anyways, managed to force a few drops down the throat of that thing, just enough to keep it alive. Stupid cats. Stubborn eating behaviour will get them killed.

A blur kitty...

Anyways, this morning, came back down. Strange. It was still alive. Normally, at this age, they don't live very much longer than a day. Came back from college, Mom took him to PAWS. Yeah. That place again. The guy there said it was the right thing to do, cuz they won't feed unless from another cat. Oh well. Gave the kitty to the guy, with my brother insisting all the way that we should keep the cat. Strange thing was that my dad said we could keep the cat for a few days. Which wasn't a good idea, cuz knowing us, keeping that baby rat lookalike would mean it would stay for about the rest of its life. Meh.

In my eville grasp!

In other news, I got my certificate for joining the Euclid maths competition. Apparently, I'm in the top 25% of the participants. My score is 66%, with the global average of 42%. Apparently, Taylor's is number 3 in the world. Meh.

Jin out.

7 comments:

evathong said...

eewww! disgusting wei..

quicksilverlining said...

what's disgusting?

e2wen~* said...

Perhaps La Princesse thinks that your hand is disgusting? Lolx. The cat la, I supposed. She doesn't really fancy cat, if I remember correctly. Anyway, thanks for sending it to PAWS. I don't supposed there's a better way to settle the kitty. (o=

Asyraf Lee said...

Heh. There's nothing disgusting La Princesse. I guess you're a person who hate cats and love dogs? Well, a new born pup condition would be the same as a new born kitten.

Btw dude, you wasn't supposed to hold any new born kitten or pup with your bare hands esp for a long time. Coz our body temp is higher than them which actually can kill them. Happened to my kitten before. My sis held it for like an hour or so, reached home. Died. Sad thing.

I just don't understand why people must hate cats when they love dogs. I love both ^_^

pok xian said...

Oh yes, we're all enlighten to know that it's a male kitten. *Gasp*!! What are u clutching when you were holding it?!?!??! lol kidding......
la princesse dislikes cats? Oh ok i didn't know that, lol "Cats" must have been a nightmare for her then hehehehe

quicksilverlining said...

no, i didn't touch his little 'thing'. ergh. anyways, it's not that i'm dissing the kitty, it's more like i'm being overall nonchalant, to the point of being brutesque. but, whatever. meh.

evathong said...

err..ok, I won't deny that some cute kitties are really cute ..but ..the 1 in ur pic is ..disgusting? like some baby hamster, the bigger version of it of course.. lol... anyway, woah!loving you wen, stil can remember things about me...heheh ...